Monday, December 15, 2008

Cozy Christmas






I Truly love this time of year!! I love our home all decorated, I love to bake, I love the coziness that the holidays bring. It even smells good to me. If it were up to me I would celebrate for three months instead of one. I constantly have to remind myself why we celebrate this season, that it goes far beyond the decorations and family gatherings and all the fun activities. For it truly is such an incredible event that we celebrate. The birth of our savior Jesus Christ. If only our shop crazy culture could slow down just for a time to realize just what it is we celebrate this time of year. There are no amount of gifts, food or activities that can give us the peace and fulfillment that we can know in this incredible gift our Savior.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Kathy,
I so agree with your sentiment. It's ironic that this year, with so many having so much less money to spend, that they're rediscovering the true meaning of this holiday!
I, for one, am making more gifts and spending more time at home. Part of it, to be honest, is the beautiful snow that we have here in Eugene, but I see it as a blessing, don't you?
Blessings to you and yours,
Gail

Barbara Jean said...

Kathy,
What a fun way to keep up a bit on you and your family.
I love the cute collections you have, and the idea of spending a day with each child, and especially what the season is really about.

Blessings to you all in 2009!

Barbara Jean